It’s only a few more days before we say goodbye to 2017 and open our arms to the new year. In the remaining days, it is good to look back on 2017 as a business and assess the year:
- What worked?
- What didn’t work?
- Learning Opportunities
- What adjustments need to be made for 2018
Adjustments are crucial for moving forward whether they be operational, financial, sales related, marketing related, and necessary adjustments to the team. Adjustments to the team can include:
- Are there skill gaps that need to be filled for 2018?
- Are there team issues to be addressed; members who need to be managed out or members groomed for promotional opportunities?
- How are the current company policies, procedures, protocols, and processes working today and what adjustments need to be made for 2018?
- How can the workplace environment be enhanced?
- What can be done to foster a creative, engaged, enthusiastic atmosphere?
Make your HR Game Plan for the coming year as part of your strategic business planning that will:
- Identify and address issues
- Make necessary adjustments
- Look at how to lead the team to new heights
- Develop goals
- Communicate company expectations to the team
- Plan to provide consistent feedback
- Document progress
- Make the tough calls that are in the company’s best interest
2018 holds untold opportunities for you and your company. Tackle team talent acquisition, engagement, and management responsibilities head-on. Invest the time, effort, and money into building a stronger team. Doing so will result in transforming a good company into a great company. Be in the position to say, “Welcome 2018 – we are ready for you!!”
For counsel and assistance with 2018 HR Game Plan adjustments and initiatives, please contact me. You can also follow me Twitter and LinkedIn.